We have a straightforward process for dealing with complaints. Complaints allow us to monitor customer satisfaction, improve our service and put things right. We would also like to hear from you if you think that we have done something really well, or you have received excellent customer service. Find out more on our customer feedback page.

What is a complaint

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with a service we provide. A complaint tells us things have gone wrong, that you are unhappy with the service and why.

A complaint is not an enquiry or request for us to do something.

For example, don't make a complaint to:

  • Report anti-social behaviour, graffiti or litter.
  • To challenge a decision for which there is a right of appeal, either to a tribunal or to the council itself.
  • Because you disagree with the law.
  • To ask us to provide something, such as information or a service.

Our pdf icon complaints policy [73kb] sets out how we handle complaints and deal with them effectively.

How do I complain

The quickest and easiest way to make a complaint is to use our online complaints form. Please do not use this form to make a complaint

ou can also email us, write to us or use one of our pre-printed complaints forms. These can be picked up from one of our offices, or we can send you one.

If you are unable to write or type, we can record the complaint in your own words for you.

We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint within five working days and we aim to reply in full within 10 working days.

Formal - Stage 1: The complaint is handled by a service Manager, who will investigate and reply to you.

Formal - Stage 2: If you remain dissatisfied after the reply the appropriate Director will investigate and reply to you. If you remain unhappy following the Director's reply, further progress depends on the nature of your complaint.

Most complaints are referred to the Local Government Ombudsman. However, as a social housing provider some housing related complaints will be dealt with by the Housing Ombudsman.

The Director's reply will tell you how to take your complaint further.

Both the Local Government Ombudsman and the Housing Ombudsman expect you to have exhausted our complaints procedure before approaching them.

If your complaint is about a social housing issue, the Housing Ombudsman requires you to go through a Designated Person* before referring your complaint. Otherwise, you have to wait eight weeks after a Stage 2 reply before the Housing Ombudsman will consider your complaint.

Was this page helpful?

Share this page